Must-have tech skills for publishing pros
A two-day, introductory course for publishing professionals who need to:
- understand digital production
- collaborate on digital projects
- work for web clients and app developers
- talk to technical colleagues with confidence.
This course is developed and delivered by award-winning publisher and developer Arthur Attwell, co-founder of Electric Book Works and Book Dash.
- The most important trends in digital publishing today
- Understanding HTML and CSS
- How to choose the best free tools for digital work
- Skills for collaboration, including advanced version control
- Editorial power skills for multi-format content
- Managing images for digital workflows
- How to use data in publishing projects in simple, powerful ways.
Completing this course lets you take our advanced-publishing-skills workshops.
Cost: R5900 per person (includes VAT, course notes, refreshments and lunch)
Dates: 25–26 Feb 2019, from 9am to 5pm
Venue: The Bandwidth Barn, Woodstock Exchange, Woodstock
You’ll learn by doing, too, so participants should bring a laptop to do practical exercises.