Since 2006, Electric Book Works has created beautiful, effective publications for the web, for mobile devices, and in print.
Electric Book Works is synonymous with publishing innovation. It is the birthplace of acclaimed initiatives like Book Dash, Bettercare, and Paperight, and has helped dozens of publishers, retailers and organisations build their digital capacity through training, consulting and product development.
Our team of publishing experts – from design, editorial and software backgrounds – work with our clients to invent, plan and deliver complex publishing projects. We also develop innovative strategies, workflows and training programmes that empower people and improve sustainability.
If you’d like to join our team, see our Opportunities page.
Arthur Attwell is an award-winning thought leader in publishing innovation and technology. He has worked in publishing and technology for over twenty years. He holds a Masters degree in Creative Writing from the University of Cape Town. See arthurattwell.com. Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Jacobs is a designer and social-media strategist, and a graduate of Rhodes University’s acclaimed journalism school. She is also the founder and designer behind Afternoon, an independent sewing-pattern label. Mail email@example.com.
Christina Tromp is a multi-format production specialist who believes in the power of good books and websites. She has an honours degree in politics, philosophy and economics from the University of Cape Town. Mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Klara Skinner is a publishing specialist with four years’ experience managing book projects. She holds a degree in English Literature and an Honours degree in Publishing Studies from Wits University. Mail email@example.com.
Lauren Ellwood is a publishing specialist with experience publishing trade and children’s books. She holds a degree in English Literature and Print Journalism and an Honours degree in Media Theory and Practice from the University of Cape Town. She is also on the executive committee for the children’s literacy non-profit, IBBY SA. Mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IAB Silver Bookmark 2018 for The Economy
- Accenture Innovation Award for Paperight
- London Book Fair Digital Minds Innovation Award 2013 for Paperight
- Frankfurt Book Fair CONTEC Best Startup 2013 for Paperight
- SAB Innovation Award 2012 for Paperight
- O’Reilly Tools of Change Most Entrepreneurial Startup 2013 for Paperight
- British Council South African Young Publishing Entrepreneur 2009
- Runner-up, British Council International Young Publishing Entrepreneur 2009
- Exclusive Books IBBY SA Children’s Book Award 2007 for uTshepo Mde
- International IBBY Honour List 2007–8 for uTshepo Mde