Book- and web-production intern
Electric Book Works is growing, and we’d like an intern to join our production team for six months. We make books for organisations, and publish them as beautiful print editions, websites, ebooks and apps. We’re known for being innovative, and for creating positive social change.
The intern would assist in many areas of our work, and focus on digitising our clients’ content, working alongside our designers and developers to create finished books and improve our software.
EBW team members are supercharged with curiosity about how books can be made for paper and for screens. If you know about book, magazine or web production that’s great, but your curiosity is more important than your experience.
When we imagine our new team member, we reckon:
- you have recently graduated or have a couple of years of work experience
- you have a track record of extra-mural activity, such as leading a university society, trying out a small-business idea, or contributing meaningfully to a volunteer organisation
- your work or studies have given you skills in creating and improving content
- you’re known for being super organised
- doing meaningful work that’s good for the world is a priority for you
- you have happy, healthy relationships with fellow team members.
In this position, you will earn R8000 per month for six months. All EBW team members bring and manage their own laptop computers. If you’re not able to bring your own, we’ll loan you the money to buy your own, which will be yours to keep. While you will be able to work remotely sometimes, you do need to be based in Cape Town.
If this sounds like the role for you, write us a letter about that. You can include a link to an online resumé (e.g. on LinkedIn), but really we want to hear your story in your words. Send it to email@example.com.
There is no closing date. We’ll start contacting applicants from late March. To see if the position has been filled, check electricbookworks.com/opportunities.
We are also advertising a junior production specialist position. If we fill that position, we may not fill this one.