Multi-format production specialist
Electric Book Works (aka Fire and Lion) is growing, and we need a book-production specialist to join our editorial team. We make books for organisations, and publish them as beautiful print books, websites, ebooks and apps. We’re known for being innovative, and for creating positive social change.
This specialist would work with clients and content, managing projects and turning manuscripts into finished books.
To us, a ‘book’ can take many forms. So a publishing specialist at EBW is everything a good book editor should be, supercharged with curiosity about how books can be made for paper and for screens. The more you know about HTML and CSS the better – though for this position curiosity is more important than experience.
When we imagine our new team member, we reckon:
- you’ve worked in publishing for a few years, including time as a copy editor or proofreader
- you’re known for being super organised
- you spend personal time learning deeply about other languages, computer languages, or other complex cultural phenomena
- doing meaningful work that’s good for the world is a priority for you
- you have happy, healthy relationships with colleagues.
This position will be a long-term contract, which may become a permanent position. We have not predetermined the salary for this position. We’ll work that out with you based on your skills, experience, and career path. While you will be able to work remotely sometimes, you do need to be based mostly in Cape Town.
If this sounds like the role for you, write us a letter about that. You can include a link to an online resumé (e.g. on LinkedIn), but really we want to hear your story in your words. Send it to email@example.com.
There is no closing date. We’ll start contacting applicants from late August. To see if the position has been filled, check bit.ly/production-specialist-2018.