Junior publishing specialist
Electric Book Works is growing, and we’d like a junior publishing specialist to join our team. We make books for organisations, and publish them as beautiful print editions, websites, ebooks and apps. We’re known for being innovative, and for creating positive social change.
This specialist would work with our clients’ content, digitising manuscripts and working alongside designers and developers to create finished books.
To us, a ‘book’ can take many forms. So a publishing specialist at EBW is everything a good book editor should be, supercharged with curiosity about how books can be made for paper and for screens. The more you know about HTML and CSS the better, though for this position curiosity is more important than experience.
When we imagine our new team member, we reckon:
- you have recently graduated, or have several years of work experience, and have been working in publishing, media, or a related field for more than a year
- you have a track record of extra-mural activity, such as leading a university society, starting a small business venture, or contributing meaningfully to a volunteer organisation
- your work or studies have given you skills in creating and improving content
- you’re known for being super organised
- doing meaningful work that’s good for the world is a priority for you
- you have happy, healthy relationships with fellow team members.
This position will be a long-term contract, which may become a permanent position. We have not predetermined the salary for this position. We’ll work that out with you based on your skills, experience, and career path. While you will be able to work remotely sometimes, you do need to be based in Cape Town.
If this sounds like the role for you, write us a letter about that. You can include a link to an online resumé (e.g. on LinkedIn), but really we want to hear your story in your words. Send it to email@example.com.
There is no closing date. We’ll start contacting applicants from late March. To see if the position has been filled, check electricbookworks.com/opportunities.
We are also advertising an internship. If we fill that position, we may not fill this one.