The Electric Book Works team needs a designer on a three-month, part-time contract. We make books for organisations, and publish them as beautiful print editions, websites, ebooks and apps. We’re known for being innovative, and for creating positive social change.
Our designer will work with our clients’ content, creating artwork and contributing to book and website designs.
To us, a ‘book’ can take many forms: printed editions, ebooks, websites and apps. So a designer at EBW will work with both traditional tools like Illustrator and InDesign and web-development tools like Git and SVG. You don’t need to know the technical tools. You just need to be keen to learn new tricks.
When we imagine our new team member, we reckon:
- you have a few years of work experience (part-time or full-time)
- you have a track record of extra-mural activity, such as leading a university society, starting a small business venture, or contributing meaningfully to a volunteer organisation
- you’re known for being super organised
- doing meaningful work that’s good for the world is a priority for you
- you have happy, healthy relationships with fellow team members.
We have in mind a monthly amount of about R10 000 for part of your time, spent largely working alongside our team in Wynberg, Cape Town.
If you are interested in this role, write us a letter. Please include a link to an online portfolio. Send it to email@example.com.
This is an ongoing invitation to apply, so there is no closing date.