Junior designer (contract)
The Electric Book Works team needs a junior designer on a three-month contract, which may be part-time. We make books for organisations, and publish them as beautiful print editions, websites, ebooks and apps. We’re known for being innovative, and for creating positive social change.
Our designer will work with our clients’ content, creating simple artwork and contributing to book and website designs.
To us, a ‘book’ can take many forms: printed editions, ebooks, websites and apps. So a designer at EBW will work with both traditional tools like Illustrator and InDesign and web-development tools like Git and SVG. You don’t need to know the technical tools. You just need to be keen to learn.
Our team is currently working on the creation of maths and economics textbooks, for which we need a designer to create data-driven graphs and illustrations.
When we imagine our new team member, we reckon:
- you have a year or more of work experience (part-time or full-time)
- you’re super organised, patient and have an eye for detail
- doing meaningful work that’s good for the world is a priority for you
- you have a track record of extra-mural activity, such as leading a university society, starting a small business venture, or contributing meaningfully to a volunteer organisation
- you have happy, healthy relationships with fellow team members.
We have in mind a monthly amount of up to R12 000. Your role might be full-time or part-time. You’ll work in our office in Wynberg, Cape Town, most of the time.
If you are interested in this role, write us a letter about you, and include a link to a portfolio or examples of your work. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an ongoing invitation to apply, so there is no closing date.