Zip the epub again
You’re done! Now to zip the package together again.
- Create a new, empty folder with the title of your book as its name, no spaces, all lowercase is best.
- Zip the empty folder. You now have an empty zip folder.
- Now you’ll put the pieces of the epub into it, in the right order:
- First, drag and drop the mimetype file into the zip folder.
- Next, add the META-INF and the OEBPS folders (you can drag both into the folder at once, their order doesn’t matter, as long as the mimetype file is first).
- Finally, change the .zip extension on your compressed folder to .epub.
This is easy on a Windows machine. If you’re on a Mac, this often doesn’t work, because of the way most Mac-based zip software (e.g. Stuffit) works. For a slightly advanced way (using Applescript) to create zips as epubs on Mac, see this article about the ePub Zip utility or this one (which shows you how to zip from a command line on OS X or Linux).